We are pleased to announce that our 2016 Annual Report and Accounts have been approved by our Trustees and are now finalised.
2016 was a year of growth and expansion for us. As the world’s first charity tackling bacterial antibiotic resistant infections, we;
- started Stage 1 of our Research Programme
- increased our income by nearly 30% to £235,000
- held a successful Inaugural Lecture given by Ed Whiting OBE, Wellcome Trust and the AGM at the Palace of Westminster
- met a number of senior government ministers including Jane Ellison, Department of Health
- met with Dame Sally Davies, the Chief Medical Officer and Professor Sir Mark Walport, Government Chief Scientist
- briefed Kevin Hollinrake MP for Thirsk and Malton about AMR resulting in Kevin asking a number of written and verbal questions in the House of Commons
- held a number of successful fundraising events including the Great British Tea Party on European Antibiotic Awareness Day, November 18
We are looking in 2017 to raise £305,000 to fund Stage 2 of our research but we cannot do this without your support. Please help us as we tackle antibiotic resistance. We are doing whilst others are talking!