CALLING ALL ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE RESEARCHERS
Antibiotic Research UK (ANTRUK) the world’s first charity tackling bacterial antibiotic resistance invites researchers to apply for a grant under our 2019 Small Research Grants scheme (maximum sum per grant = £20,000). Monies applied for can be spread over one, two or three years. Grants should focus on 1) antibiotic resistance or 2) new antibiotic therapies or 3) health and societal impact of antibiotic resistance and how it could be avoided
Grants can be applied for in the following areas;
- Top up grants for PhD students. Monies could be paid for by the commercial arm of our charity ANTRUK Enterprises Ltd, an SME enabling PhD studentships to be converted to CASE studentships.
- Small equipment purchases
- Travel for PhD students or junior lecturers to attend an overseas conference. Applicants must have confirmation that their abstract(s) are accepted for oral or poster presentation
- Visits to other laboratories to undertake collaborative research
- Support of small scale research projects
- Consumable purchases to support ongoing research
- Pilot studies
All applications are reviewed by ANTRUK’s Science Committee. ANTRUK has adopted the scoring system developed by the Medical Research Council for use by independent referees (https://www.mrc.ac.uk/funding/peer-review/guidance-for-peer-reviewers/scoring-matrix/).
The top scoring applications may be shortlisted for external review and in this instance will be sent to independent reviewers for peer review. ANTRUK’s Trustees will be asked to ratify decisions to award grants.
Only applicants working in organisations based in the United Kingdom are eligible to apply. Please note the following;
- receipt of applications will not be acknowledged
- if applicants have not received feedback from us by 6 September 2019 unfortunately on this occasion the application was unsuccessful
- no discussion will be entered into if an application is unsuccessful
CLOSING DATE: Friday 12 July 2019