Antibiotic Research UK are excited to bring a new fundraising administrator assistant into our team. Please take the time to read through the job specification and get in touch if you think you’re the best person for the role.
Job Title: Fundraising Admin Assistant
Responsible to: Head of Fundraising
Location: Home based (freelance position)
Hours Per Week: 6 days per month at £115 per day
Reimbursement: Reasonable expenses
Contract Length: 6 months initially with the potential to extend
Founded in Yorkshire in 2014, Antibiotic Research UK is the world’s first and only charity created specifically to tackle antibiotic resistance, through scientific research, public education and patient support. Antibiotic resistant infections are the biggest threat to the effectiveness of modern medicine.
COVID-19 opens the door to secondary bacterial infections. Since lockdown, our charity has been very active supporting people who are worried about what this means for them. Visits to our website have trebled as people search for trusted information.
Antibiotic Research UK has a small core team of part time people who are all are home based in locations around the country. The charity is supported by a growing number of volunteers, including those who sit on our expert Science and Education committees. The charity does not have its own labs, instead our research is carried out by third parties such as universities and small biotechs.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an admin assistant to support the Antibiotic Research UK team fundraising team as we continue to grow our income to further our aspirations.
Scope of the Role
The fundraising administrator role will primarily support our individual giving and community-based fundraising activities. The candidate will:
- Undertake database entry, queries and reports to enable us to support and develop our donors to maximum effect.
- Provide administrative support for donor appeals, and the marketing and delivery of fundraising events and campaigns.
- Take donations over the telephone as required and respond to requests for more information.
- Support donor stewardship by ensuring appropriate and timely thanking.
- Work with suppliers to obtain quotes and place purchase orders for activities and materials.
- Store a limited stock of materials and post out to supporters as required.
- Support the expansion of our Community Ambassador programme by helping to drive recruitment, and through ongoing support for volunteer fundraising and outreach activities.
- Support Gift Aid Claim process.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required within the scope of the role.
The first key initiatives will be to provide admin support for 1) our forthcoming BBC Radio 4 Appeal and 2) our World Antibiotic Awareness Week activities (mainly Great British Tea Party and Great Big Science Quiz for university students).
Management of the Role
The fundraising administrator assistant role will be managed by the Head of Fundraising with day-to-day supervision provided by our community and individual giving fundraising leads. The Fundraising Admin Assistant will work with key people from across the organisation as our fundraising activities require. Progress will be monitored against milestones and targets with progress meetings carried out via Zoom.
Skills, Experience and Competences
You will have:
- Strong administrative and organisational skills with demonstrable experience from previous roles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular you will be familiar with Microsoft Office, databases (preferably Salesforce) and virtual meeting systems such as Zoom and Teams.
- Ability to carry out simple data analysis, with information drawn from databases and spreadsheets.
- Exceptional attention to detail, be thorough and consistent when dealing with data and have a basic understanding of data protection (additional training will be provided).
- An understanding of simple financial procedures is important.
- Experience of working with or volunteering for a charity is desirable.
- You should have a passion for our cause and desire to make a difference.
- This role is home-based, therefore you should be a confident self-starter able to operate with ‘light-touch’ supervision. You should also have your own home office equipment and space.
- You will be adaptable and flexible, while displaying a methodological approach to your work.
- You will be results orientated and have a problem-solving approach to your work.
- You will have a proven ability to work to deadlines and manage your workload effectively.
- You will be experienced in building good working relationships with colleagues and the confidence to build relationships externally which benefit the charity.
- You will behave professionally when representing Antibiotic Research UK and at all times act in the best interest of the charity.
- You will work within all policies and procedures set by the charity.
- You must accept responsibility for ensuring that the policies and procedures relating to Health & Safety in the workplace are adhered to at all times.
- You must respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
- You will not disclose to an unauthorised person any confidential information acquired through official duties unless you have received official written permission to do so
- You will sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement and a Register of Interests Form.
- Please send your CV and a covering email outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com
- All applications must reach Antibiotic Research UK by 11:59pm on Tuesday 20th October 2020
- Due to limited resources, we will contact only the shortlisted candidates.
- Interviews will be held via Zoom the week commencing Monday 26th October 2020
- We aim to make the role and our interview process as inclusive as possible. We will strive to accommodate candidates with additional requirements.
- Any offer made will be conditional on receipt of two favourable references (we reserve the right to telephone your references).Fundraising Admin Assistant